Yesterday was my 40th birthday 🥳🎂! I must admit that for me… things have gotten better with age! My husband took me to dinner. As we reminisced on all we have built together in our new marriage and lives – we felt warm and fuzzy (it wasn’t just the strong cocktails!).
It’s an unavoidable fact that our brains and hearts biochemically react to affirmations, success, and winning. Even the least competitive among us wants to be approved of, accepted, and validated for our work.
It’s been proven in neuro-economic studies that focusing on SUCCESS actually carves a path in your brain which makes it more likely you will do that thing again. The more you receive that validation – even in the form of your own thoughts and remembrances – the more likely it is that you will repeat similar bold actions.
Plus you FEEL good feelings and will think more efficiently. Gratitude creates a powerful high that is shown to create more accuracy and clarity of thought than criticism by 100x. This is especially true when people are under pressure or stress and is proven in studies involving shooting a gun at a target, or accomplishing route or creative tests.
Forget discipline – I’m talking about something more powerful… bio-hacking. This a fact you can use to motivate YOURSELF and any human who works with you.
Here is how you apply the GAP & GAIN coaching tool to improve productivity in your business and life:
- Schedule a weekly time to write a list of your accomplishments each week. (Hey this is already one thing I help my consulting clients do by writing everything in our notes!)
- You can start doing it at the end of the week (maybe that’s why they call it Fri-Yay!) and add those weekly gains to a larger document that stores results for the entire year organized by month.
- Include specific measurable results:
- MY PERSONAL EXAMPLE A: I automated our incoming leads process with Calendly, Google Drive, Zapier and Monday.com
- MY PERSONAL EXAMPLE B: I automated our incoming leads process with Calendly, Google Drive, Zapier, and Monday.com resulting in:
- 12 reduced staff hours on mindless tasks every week ($__ value to my bottom line)
- Staff reported higher satisfaction spending those 12 hours on tasks they actually enjoyed and reducing the chance they made errors
- Clients reported improved professional experience because of faster replies and a simpler onboarding process
- Review this list BEFORE you make your future goals so you create a foundation that LIFTS you and gives you gratitude.
- Implement the steps above as required work by your employees for their own sake.
- Schedule a monthly or weekly meeting where they will share accomplishments publicly with their team – via email or even more powerful in person (face-to-face is the most effective way).
- Reward, acknowledge and applaud people for their accomplishments which biochemically increases the likelihood they remember and repeat making gains.
If you take these actions you will learn MORE about yourself and what is possible on a timeline from this list. Plus biochemically you will also embed a reward function for measurable results which will increase the chances you do similar tasks in the future. For your team – you will notice improved motivation, clarity, productivity, and satisfaction. You can learn more about this concept in the book I’m currently reading: The Gap and The Gain.
When was the last time you wrote a list of all you’ve accomplished in the past and relished in what you are capable of?
On my birthday (Nov 14) – I wish 🎂 for YOU and your TEAM a more productive and also satisfying rest of your year!
Emily Anne Page
Passionate About Helping You Grow Your Business!
— — — — — — — — — — —
MORE ABOUT START TO SOLD
Whether it’s packaging, product development, brand design, marketing, manufacturing, distribution, or operations and logistics, you’ll get the in-depth, relevant and actionable advice and resources you need here at the Start to Sold Blog (https://www.emilyannepage.com/StartToSold/) OR YouTube Channel: (https://bit.ly/3cDZS39)
MORE ABOUT EMILY PAGE
Emily is CEO of Pearl Resourcing and has managed and launched multiple 7-figure brands in Costco, Williams-Sonoma, Kroger, and Amazon. She’s bringing you the expertise, resources, and mentors you need so that you can develop products and make them sell. She also offers business growth consulting(https://www.emilyannepage.com) and free advice for brand owners through START TO SOLD (http://starttosoldpodcast.com)