Vacations make you MORE attractive. TRUST ME I know this from experience and I promise it will work for you too.
I recently planned 3 vacations for this summer…
- 1) A stay-cation at a local hotel with a swim-up bar
- 2) A 3 day weekend river inner-tube floating trip in Austin, Texas and
- 3) A 7 day trip to Mexico to snorkle with whale sharks!
As soon as I had a vacation planned I felt a little “contact high” in electricity flowing through me just knowing that something exciting is coming soon.<
The odd thing about taking a vacation is that it creates a conversation starter… a story… an adventure in a far off place… that you are able to share with people you work with. It stirs the creative sides of our brains and lights on fire our imagination – whether we are making plans. experiencing the moment or telling the stories.
And those chemical fireworks in our brains also go off in the minds of our clients when they hear about your adventures in a humble and sharing tone. This is why your vacation = more attractive version of you = GROWTH in your business.
3 MEASURABLE BENEFITS TO VACATIONING:
So the clear next question I have for you is… when is your next vacation?
VACATION IDEAS FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
If you haven’t made the time in a while, make time now. It can be simple, affordable and (only if you must) you can arrange so you can check your email at nite… here are ideas which I’ve done before:
- 1) Plan a staycation to a local hotel with a pool in your local cities. You can use “Hotels Tonight” which is an app sometimes offering deep discounts on last minute bookings.
- 2) Rent a pool in your neighborhood for a few hours using “Swimaly” (the Airbnb of pools). They list homes willing to rent their pool by the hour!
- 3) Find a national park and plan a “mid week” hike through inspiring views. You can make up work on the weekend if you really must.
- 4) Pick a foreign place that is off season – usually it’s cheaper but still really beautiful. Travel to Iceland in the winter and get prime time view of the NORTHERN LIGHTS. Travel to Cancun during monsoon season – it usually doesn’t get that rainy in September and the rain clears quickly allowing for affordable hotels and less crowds.
- 5) Go GLAMPING – which is luxury camping! Whether it’s sleeping inside of your car or renting a tent in a nearby forest you haven’t visited you will feel connected to something else if you let yourself spend lots of time outside. With all the cool REI gear out there to make the outdoors comfy AND most places being near a hotel if you can only handle the nature in the day there are no excuses.
- 6) Find a resort, conference retreat center or theme park that would make you feel good – Sometimes a one day trip to Disneyland and a day afterwards to sit at the hotel pool to recover is a really effective mind re-set. It could be the wild variety of rides and things to see OR it could be the happy vibes they pump in the air… but I feel like a new person when I leave. I feel the same way when I leave a UPW Tony Robbins Conference or a local Hotel Day Spa.
What other ideas come to your mind as a good option?
HUSTLE HARDCORE WILL NOT INCREASE RESULTS:
The biggest point I’m trying to communicate is that “GRINDING” is a popular topic in social media but it’s literally only one side of the story of success. Equally popular are lavish vacations and expensive meals which also are not necessary to deeply re-charge or be successful.
The more you make time to take care of yourself – the more clear you will be to create massive results in the future.
You’ve heard of the “calm before the storm”… you can’t have the storm if you don’t first have the calm.
I hope you have a relaxing and wonderful vacation this summer!
MORE ABOUT START TO SOLD
Whether it’s packaging, product development, brand design, marketing, manufacturing, distribution, or operations and logistics, you’ll get the in-depth, relevant and actionable advice and resources you need here at the Start to Sold Blog (https://www.emilyannepage.com/StartToSold/) OR YouTube Channel: (https://bit.ly/3cDZS39)
MORE ABOUT EMILY PAGE
Emily is CEO of Pearl Resourcing and has managed and launched multiple 7-figure brands in Costco, Williams-Sonoma, Kroger, and Amazon. She’s bringing you the expertise, resources, and mentors you need so that you can develop products and make them sell. She also offers business growth consulting(https://www.emilyannepage.com) and free advice for brand owners through START TO SOLD (http://starttosoldpodcast.com)