Pearl Resourcing CEO, Emily Page, interviews Mike Weiner of Federal Package to find out what it takes to go from idea to sale.
This video will teach you the process of taking your idea for a beauty or OTC stick (like a lip balm, face stick or deodorant) and turn it into something you can sell to customers. This process is called commercializing an idea and we will focus on beauty products that go into rigid injection molded packaging. To get the best-in-class advice on this process we interview Mike Weiner of Federal Package who offers advice learned from 20 years working with massive brands you find in every store you shop.
We will take you through these 5 steps:
And then answer all of these questions:
- How do I develop my initial recipe and make sure it will work at your factory?
- How do I find the right manufacturer?
- And what services would I expect from them?
- What is the difference between and OTC or beauty product?
- How would I go about requesting a quote?
- What should my email include?
- What minimums in quantity and costs should I expect?
- What things might influence the quote or get me a better price?
- What will it take in terms of budget and costs?
- How would I find packaging and what costs would I want to consider?
- Is it possible to have custom packaging? How does that influence my order?
- Once I had a quote how do I place an order?
- What terms would I expect?
- What’s the lead-time from order to manufacturing?
- How do I watch over the QA and what issues are important there?
- Once it’s done how do I go about picking it up?
- Any other advice for a brand owner launching their chapstick?
Let’s take your injection mold based beauty product from an idea to something on the shelf! If you have a project you’re working on please post links to your company in the comments below AND share any questions or comments you have to share!
MORE ABOUT START TO SOLD Whether it’s packaging, product development, brand design, marketing, manufacturing, distribution, or operations and logistics, you’ll get the in-depth, relevant and actionable advice and resources you need, here at the Start to Sold Blog click to subscribe: http://startosoldpodcast.com
MORE ABOUT EMILY PAGE Emily is CEO of Pearl Resourcing and has managed and launched multiple 7-figure brands in Costco, Williams-Sonoma, Kroger, and Amazon. She’s bringing you the expertise, resources, and mentors you need so that you can develop products and make them sell. She also offers business growth consulting (https://www.emilyannepage.com) and free advice for brand owners through START TO SOLD (http://starttosoldpodcast.com) http://pearlresourcing.net https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilypage/ http://instagram.com/EmilyAnnePage/ https://www.emilyannepage.com http://startosoldpodcast.com
MORE ABOUT MIKE WEINER: Michael (Mike) Weiner is a dynamic leader who brings over 20 years’ experience working with a diverse group of companies from Fortune 25 to independent startups. His clients include the leading brands easily recognized in your medicine cabinet and around the globe. As the Director of National Account Sales for Federal Package headquartered in Chanhassen, MN, Mike brings a personal touch to each engagement with creative ideas for product launches and breaking into new markets. Mike earned his BA from the University of MD and his MBA from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Mike’s interests include competing in Spartan races and has officiated a wedding or two. + Consider commercializing your product with Federal Package: https://www.federalpackage.com + Add Mike Weiner on LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-w…
#beautyindustry #beautyproductdevelopment #facestick #chapstick #sunscreenstick #deodorant #beautylaunch #otcproductlaunch #entrepreneuradvice #productlauch #starttosold #pearlresourcing #emilyannepage #healthandbeauty