Build Your Own Brand Growth Strategy Exercise in 45 Minutes
Where is your brand growing this year? ⛅️ Do you feel you have a clear strategy for sales? If you don’t, it’s very likely that you just need someone to help you extract the creativity and vision you already have that can be clouded by our everyday busyness.
Every person has at least 45 minutes to set aside and create a strategy, and with this little exercise any brand owner can simulate talking to a growth coach and write their own compelling plan for the future.
45 MINUTE EXERCISE FOR GROWTH
By visualizing the future you make it possible for your brain to figure out how to get there in 45 minutes or less. Here are your easy steps to get there:
STEP 1 (30 minutes – NO LIMITS)
- Grab a cup of coffee, a journal, pen and highlighter and open the “Timer” app on your cell phone.
- At the top of the page write the question “Where would I like to see my business go in 5 years if there were NO LIMITS?”
- Start the timer for 20 minutes and write as much as you can without stopping about what you would accomplish, where your business would go and what would occur.
- Once the alarm goes off, stop writing. Take 5-10 minutes to read what you’ve written and highlight the items that you want to make an un-negoiable MUST.
STEP 2 (15 minutes – MAKE IT HAPPEN)
- Draw a line at the bottom of the page and write these 3 questions to help you create an action plan: a) What resources do I have now that will help me get there? b) What actions can I take today to move myself closer to this outcome? c) Who do I know who can help me create a plan?
- Set your timer for 10 minutes and answer each of these 3 questions.
- Once the timer rings, take 5 minutes to read your list and schedule when you will take the actions, make the calls, and look at resources you listed there.
At the end of this exercise you will be surprised at how much clarity you get AND the help you have identified already surrounding you and ready to help you.
Congratulations! You just wrote your 1st self coaching plan to build your business.
Now how do you stay on track? Here are two key steps:
A) STAYING ON THE PATH – FRIENDS & MENTORS
Some of the best ways you can execute this vision and hold yourself accountable are to either to find a friend, mentor OR outsource a service.
Whoever you pick to join you in reaching your goals, be sure they have experience AND understand their purpose in creating accountability. The goal of your relationship isn’t just to CHAT but for them to ask you questions so you can better understand your own innate knowledge of the solution or listen to an experts suggestion.
Ultimately you’re the one responsible to make a plan and stick to it so your partners should help you bring out your best by asking you the questions about what else you can come up with to help you reach your goals.
B) STAYING ON THE PATH – VENDORS
If you decide to hire an outside vendor or expert to help you reach these goals, make sure they articulate their deliverables in a way that shows they will leave you satisfied and are aligned with your goals.
For example, is your web designer promising to just giving you a website? Or a do they want to build you a website that helps you convert sales? Is a packaging company going to get you a new box OR help you figure out the best material and dimensions to help you sell in new retailers? Will your graphic designer seek to bill you hourly for work and think only inside the scope you request OR will they think of your best interests and try to help you get to where you need to go?
Your sales should be at the front of their attention and objectives. Tell your vendors what your goals are and ask questions to be sure they are aligned with your objectives.
C) FOCUS ON SALES
The last piece of advice to keep in mind is that the best way to sift through your goals and vision is to ask yourself what will result in SALES. Priorities should always be organized by the real and measurable results they can bring and sales (both short and long term) is the number one metric to use.
Every year it’s important to set new goals and if you take just 45 minutes to ask yourself what is possible and how you could get there, you can start your mind creating a sales winning growth strategy to get your year going right!
Article by Emily Page
⚡️ #nolimits #productlaunch #productdevelopment #ECRM #nolimits #entrepreneurlife #packagingideas #mondaymotivation #entrepreneurcoach #productlaunchservices #cpgindustry #ECRM #cpgventurecapital #newfoods #bestseller