How can packaging improve your product shelf life?… Naturally?! Believe it or not but it’s packaging!
Shelf-life has a direct economic impact on the value of your product because:
- Early spoilage of product before it is consumed is a loss of money for you, your retailer and customer as it’ both can’t be sold but also results in additional costs like returns or disposal.
- Retail buyers make decisions based on shelf life for that reason and hesitate to carry products (no matter how delicious) if it spoils quickly.
- The breadth retailers that can carry your product will be reduced to local small retailers by short shelf life because transporting your product from your factory to the store is when a lot of temperature abuse and time lapse occurs (key elements to making products spoil quickly). For example your 7 day shelf life from the manufacturing date will become 3 when it takes 2 days to truck the product and 1 day to put the product on the shelf.
Let’s talk about 3 ways packaging can NATURALLY help increase the shelf life of your product in this short 5 minute video or read the executive summary below.
CLICK TO WATCH: https://youtu.be/ldTxuC7wuzA
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE TO START TO SOLD YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://bit.ly/2JubV4j
If you manufacture food or beverage products for retail you care about shelf life! There are chemical ways to get shelf life – preservatives… but they aren’t natural. What if there were ways to get shelf life naturally!? Packaging can do that for you.
Here are the short cut tips for how:
- Packaging keeps air out and protects your product from oxygen exposure.
- Packaging can be thick enough to protect from light or odor exposure which corrupts flavors, textures and bacteria growth.
- Packaging can protect your product so you can use cool technologies that kill bacteria without chemicals like HPP and hot-filling.
- Using a desiccant (a little bag or container with moisture absorbing material inside) to remove moisture from the bottle and ensure it’s dry!
Good shelf life means that inventory stays fresh longer so you can keep the money you invest into it safe AND it will mean customers are safe whenever they consume your product. We hope this information helps you to create better products with longer shelf life… so you can sell more!
Enjoyed this information? You can subscribe to our newsletter or YouTube Channel to get more help regularly!
MORE ABOUT START TO SOLD How do you take an idea from conception to selling? Whether it’s packaging, product development, brand design, marketing, manufacturing, distribution, or operations and logistics, you’ll get the in-depth, relevant and actionable advice and resources you need, here at theStart to Sold Blog. Click to subscribe to our YouTube Channel:http://startosoldpodcast.com.
3 Ways Packaging Can Naturally Increase Shelf Life by Start To Sold
MORE ABOUT EMILY PAGE Emily is CEO ofPearl Resourcing and has managed and launched multiple 7-figure brands in Costco, Williams-Sonoma, Kroger, and Amazon. She’s bringing you the expertise, resources, and mentors you need so that you can develop products and make them sell. She also offers business growth consulting (http://www.emilyannepage.com) and free advice for brand owners through START TO SOLD (http://starttosoldpodcast.com).
#PRODUCTDEVELOPMENT #CPGENTREPRENEUR #PRIVATELABELBRANDOWNER #CPGVENTURECAPITAL #FOODANDBEVERAGE #FOODANDBEVERAGEINVESTOR #FOODANDBEVERAGEENTREPRENEUR #PRODUCTLAUNCH #CPGPRODUCTLAUNCH #PRIVATELABELBRAND #BRANDOWNER #ENTREPRENEUR #PRODUCTENTREPRENEUR #ECRM #STOREBRANDEPPS #STOREBRANDS #SALESSTRATEGIES #RETAILSALESSTRATEGIES #RETAILSALESBESTPRACTICES #ECRM #PRIVATELABELSALESSTRAGIES #ENTREPRENEURADVICE #PRODUCTLAUNCH #SALESADVICEFORSTORES